For our dApp, we have completed development of the central console rework, as well as a spate of updates to the overall look and feel. During the process we took the opportunity to update our UI-kit to ensure we can do fast theming across all components.
In the last month, we have also invested in parts of our codebase to make them more reusable, and to enforce standards to help us to build features on top of our current code base in future. We also generally improved our code review process to identify bugs / bad code getting into our repos.
Due to some spaghetti code dependencies, our development velocity was affected as portions of our code had to be re-written and improved. Even so, the team was able to do a great job of completing the features development that were scheduled for the last two sprints.
Currently we are testing our dApp and working on bug fixes. We intend to close the loop on these pending items in the coming week.
Upon analysis of the code base we have found some performance bottlenecks that need to be alleviated to make our dApp scalable to onboard new assets on the platform in general.
Currently our dApp is facing challenges with data loading and state management, and targeting these performance issues will be next on the Web2 team’s agenda.
We also want to improve the unit-testing for our dApp service layer, ensuring it’s robust enough to sustain fuzzy values.
The Sim team has been making steady progress over the past month. It’s now the final push for our simulation, and we’re bulking up the team for it with an additional two engineers.
After a spate of performance improvements and upgrading our experiment configuration architecture, the main focus of the past month has been upgrading the agent decisioning architecture and decision rules. We’ve completed the architectural piece, and we’re almost done with the decision rules design and implementation.
There are only a couple of remaining pieces of this round of upgrades for the Simulator (essentially v3.0 !), before we will be able to return to economic testing. We’re targeting the end of November to have the last pieces in place so we can Press Start and have it producing data…. lots of data.
We’ll initially be running a suite of diagnostics to ensure the system response is correct. This may take a week or two to pass these tests, but then it’s on to back-testing and parameter tuning.
Recruitment has been our main focus in the Web3 stream of the past month. We’re very picky here because we need to be. We’ve had to say no to a lot of candidates, but we’re looking forward to finally bringing on the one or two we think will be able to cut the mustard with our CTO over the next few months.
Meanwhile, Sam (while not getting the latest from DevCon) has also been busy working on a tricky cluster of related issues relating to state management, position renewal, and fee administration. Long story short on this point, we’ve landed an optimum solution that balances user features, complexity/gas consumption and economic robustness, and these modifications to the Solidity codebase will now be done.
Lots of planning has also been done this past month, with a final “Web3 Hit List” being compiled which details all the tasks needed to be done ahead of our second audit. Once we have locked in our new Solidity resources, this will allow us to better estimate a final release date!
Any information provided on this website/publication is for general information purposes only, and does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, recommendations, or any form of solicitation. No reliance can be placed on any information, content, or material stated on this website/publication. Accordingly, you must verify all information independently before utilising the Bumper protocol, and all decisions based on any information are your sole responsibility, and we shall have no liability for such decisions. Conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions. Visit our website for full terms and conditions.